Translations for Immigration New Zealand

We provide translations for all documents needed for work visas, tourist visas, permanent residence applications, and all types of reference letters and supporting documents.

Kiwi Translation is experienced in immigration translation and has worked with immigration advisers, immigration lawyers and individuals from around New Zealand to assist them with translations for immigration applications.

At Kiwi Translation, we provide approved translations that meet the requirements of Immigration New Zealand. Translations submitted to Immigration New Zealand must be certified by a recognised translator from a recognised private or official translation service and may not be translated by friends or family of the applicant, immigration advisers or any person with an interest in the outcome of the application.

To get a certified translation for immigration or visa applications email scans of your documents to or click here to get a free quote.

Cavell Leitch’s Immigration department has been very impressed with Kiwi Translation’s service. It is prompt and reliable, as well as reasonably priced.
Holly Timms,
Cavell Leitch

Translations for NZQA

Our translations are recognized by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) and Immigration New Zealand and may be used for applications for recognition of overseas qualifications and visa applications.

You may need a translation of overseas qualifications and transcripts when applying for visas such as skilled migrant or Silver Fern visas. Qualifications translations may also be needed for employers to understand your previous qualifications, or in order to assess previous study when applying for a New Zealand education program, or for teacher registration.

You may need to get a Pre-Assessment Result (PAR) of your qualifications from NZQA when submitting an expression of interest with Immigration New Zealand. This will give you an indication of where your qualification will fit in the New Zealand education system.

You may also need to apply for an International Qualifications Assessment (IQA) of your qualifications from NZQA, which is a more in-depth assessment, if you receive an invitation to apply from Immigration New Zealand or for teacher registration in New Zealand. You can use the IQA result for registration with professional or industry bodies, employers or New Zealand government departments including Immigration New Zealand.

You may need to apply to NZQA for an Overseas Study Assessment (OSA) if you are a New Zealand resident completing a qualification outside of New Zealand and need to apply to Inland Revenue (IRD) New Zealand for tax purposes.

Please see the International Qualifications page on the NZQA website for more details.

To obtain a certified translation for an IQA, PAR or OSA application with NZQA, take a scan of your original documents and email them to or click here to get a free quote for your translations. We will reply within 24 hours with a free, no-obligation quote. If you are outside New Zealand and need to send original documents with your IQA application, we can forward them on to NZQA on your behalf. Please email us for more information. You can contact us by phone on +64 27 286 1669. Whether you need your overseas qualifications recognised for work visas or migration to New Zealand, or whether you need are studying outside New Zealand and need confirmation of your overseas study, we can help with all your translation needs.

Driver Licence Translations for Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency

We are an authorised driver licence translation service for Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency. A translation of your driver’s licence allows you to drive in New Zealand for up to 12 months and apply for a New Zealand licence.

We provide official English translations of overseas driver licences in all major world languages. With an official translation of a valid licence, you can drive in New Zealand for up to 12 months.

Simply scan the front and back of your original driver licence and email them to us at or click here to get a free quote for a Driver’s Licence translation.

Driver licence translations are also accepted by the Automobile Association (AA) and Inland Revenue (IRD). Please see the information for new residents and visitors page on the NZTA website for details and more information.

Translations for the Internal Affairs Citizenship Office

We are an approved translation provider for the Citizenship Office at the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA). If you are applying for New Zealand citizenship you may need official translations of overseas documents which are not in English.

To obtain a certified translation for a Citizenship Office application, take a scan of your original document and email it to us at or click here to get a free quote for your translation. We will reply within 24 hours with a free, no-obligation quote.

We Translate All Types of Documents

  • Police Clearance Certificates

  • Work Reference Letters

  • Birth Certificates

  • Marriage/Divorce Certificates

  • Academic Qualifications and Transcripts

  • Financial Statements

  • and more…