Driver Licence Translations 2017-06-16T21:27:51+00:00

Driver Licence Translations for NZTA

We are authorised driver licence translation service for the New Zealand Transport Agency (NZTA). A translation of your driver’s licence allows you to drive in New Zealand for up to 12 months and apply for a New Zealand licence.

NZ Transport Agency NZTA logo

We provide certified English translations of overseas driver licences in all major world languages. With an official translation of a valid licence, you can drive in New Zealand for up to 12 months. Please see the New Zealand Transport Agency (NZTA) website for more details.

If you have a valid overseas driver licence you can drive in New Zealand for up to 12 months after entering the country. If your licence is not in English you must carry an NZTA-approved translation of your licence. Kiwi Translation is an approved driver’s licence translation provider for NZTA.

After 12 months, if you want to continue driving in New Zealand must apply for a New Zealand licence. If your licence is not in English you will need a certified translation. See the NZTA website for more details about converting to a New Zealand driver licence. New Zealand driver licences are issued by the Automobile Association (AA). To convert your licence you must go to one of the AA authorised overseas converstion driver licensing agent. See the AA website or NZTA website for a list of places where you can convert your licence.

You can also use certified driver licence translations to support proof of identity at the Inland Revenue Department (IRD) in New Zealand.

To obtain a certified translation of your overseas driver’s licence, please email scans of the font and back of your licence to [email protected] or click here to get a free quote. We will reply within 24 hours with a free, no-obligation quote. You can contact us by phone on +64 27 286 1669.

Certified translations of documents for Immigration New Zealand visa applications.

NZQA-New Zealand Qualifications Authority Mana Tohu Matauranga O Aoteroa

Translations for NZQA. Certificates, qualifications and academic transcripts.

Translations for Citizenship Office applications. Accepted by Internal Affairs (DIA).

Professional Translations Services

Kiwi Translation provides certified translations accepted by New Zealand government departments